125 g all-purpose flour
125 g whole wheat flour
25 g fresh yeast
150 ml warm water
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cups olive oil
2 garlic cloves (pressed)
1 tsp herbs de Provence
- Put the yeast in a small bowl and cover with sugar. Wait a few minutes until the yeast starts melting.
- In the meantime, sieve both flours into a large bowl and add the salt.
- Add 50 ml of warm water + 4 Tbsp of the flour mix into the bowl with yeast and sugar. Mix it well and let it rest for 15 min.
- After 15 min combine the yeast slowly with the flour and add the remaining water as well as one Tbsp of olive oil.
- Transfer the dough to a working space and knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth ( add a little flour if necessary).
- Put the dough back in the bowl and sat in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Shortly before the time is up set the oven to 460 °F (240 °C).
- The dough should have grown to double the size. Divide it into four pieces and form little balls.
- Divide each ball into three pieces and roll them with your hands into three ropes, tapered at the ends. Braid the ropes into three strand braids. Prepare a baking sheet, lined with baking paper, and place the braids on it.
- In a little bowl, combine the remaining olive oil and the pressed garlic.
- Brush braids with the garlic, olive oil mix, and sprinkle with herbs de Provence.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Et Voila!
Sent from my iPhone