Friday is a fish day in our home, for traditional reasons, but also I never have to think about what to cook on Fridays. It is always fish; cod, salmon, shrimp, homemade fish sticks, etc. This one is one of my favorites, simple, healthy, and ready in 20 minutes.
600 g chard
Juice from one lemon
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp water
- Wash the chard and cut into smaller pieces, set aside.
- Pat dry the cod, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a pan add 2 Tbsp of butter, wait until it melts and add the fish. Cook the cod 5 minutes on one side, add the butter flip the fish and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime heat another pan add the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter; when melted, add the chard and 1 Tbsp of water and cook until the chard is tender (this shouldn’t take longer than the cooking time of the cod, so about 10 min).
- When done, arrange the chard on a plate, put the cod on top and pour the lemon-butter sauce over it. Serve with rice or just by itself.