2 pounds (1kg) chicken wings
2/3 cups olive oil
juice of large lemon
2-4 sage leaves
2-4 small chilies, finely minced (or 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes)
3 garlic cloves
4 tbsp Italian parsley
2 tbsp softened butter
- Wash the chicken wings and pat them dry. Prepare a shallow oven proof dish. Place the wings in the dish so they lay side by side.
- Mix the olive and lemon juice, sage and chili in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and leave to marinate for 30 min or longer if possible.
- Chop the shallots, garlic, parsley and butter in a blender or by hand until fine and paste like. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 390ºF (200º Celcius)
- Cook the wings for 15 minutes and then turn them over and cook for another 20 min, basting them with the marinade a few times. Turn the broiler on, spread the butter paste over the wings and broil them for another 10 min or until they are brown and crispy.
- Serve with fresh salad, spinach or a vegetable of your choice.