3 green apples
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup plain yoghurt
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup coconut or vegetable oil
3/4 cup brown or white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla sugar
for the crumble:
50 g butter
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown or white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
powdered sugar for dusting
- Prepare the muffin pan and place the muffin molds inside.
- Peel the apples, cut them in small pieces and set aside.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and then mix in the cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and then beat in the yoghurt, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla sugar or vanilla extract.
- Beat together the wet and dry ingredients until mixed well. Next add the apples and mix until combined with the batter.
- Heat the oven to 185 ºC (365ºF)
- Prepare the crumble: put the ingredients into a bowl and massage them with your fingers until they turn into crumbs.
- Fill the muffin molds 3/4 full with the batter; when all the molds are 3/4 full spread the crumble on top of the muffins. Place the muffins in the heated oven and bake for 30 min (depending on your oven it might take longer or shorter, best is to check after 25 min). If you put a toothpick into the top of the muffins and it comes out dry then they are done.