3 1/4 cups (400g) flour (spelt, wheat, or whole wheat)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups water
15 g fresh yeast
- Sieve the flour into a bowl, then add the sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Pour the water slowly into the flour mixture, mixing it carefully with a spoon.
- The dough will be sticky and will be thicker after mixing. Cover it with a plate and let it rest, the best is overnight or about 12 hours.
- After it rests, sprinkle some flour onto a work space and put the dough on it; it will be sticky, add little more flour as you go. Fold the sides of the dough and try to make a ball.
- Spread a kitchen towel on your kitchen counter and sprinkle it in the middle with flour. Set the dough on it with the folded side down then fold in the corners of the towel to cover the top of the dough.
- Let it sit for two hours.
- After 1 1/2 hours have passed, set the oven to 250ºC (480ºF) and place the dutch oven inside for the next 30 min.
- When you take it out the pot will be very hot, be careful. Transfer the bread into the pot (folded side down).
- Cover it and put it in the oven for 30 min, then remove the cover and bake for additional 30 min, or until it is browned.