3 rhubarb stems
100 g butter (softened) + 1/2 Tbsp for the pan
1/2 cup raw cane sugar (or plain sugar) + 2 Tbsp
Zest of one lemon
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 Tbsp yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of flour
- Wash the rhubarb and cut into 6 cm long thin sticks. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle the two Tbsp of sugar over it, put in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350ºF) and prepare a 20 cm (about 7 inch pan) round pan and line the bottom with baking paper and grease the sides with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream until smooth and the sugar has almost dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time while you continue mixing the batter until blended.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, yogurt, and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Sieve the flour and powdered sugar in and mix again on medium speed until blended.
- Take the rhubarb out to the refrigerator. Put the batter into the pan and arrange the sticks in a circle on top (see pictures above) You can push them in slightly.
- Put the cake in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven let it cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy with a cup of coffee 😉