For my green asparagus lovers!
My dear friend Tine who is a vegetarian always gives me new ideas for preparing delicious meat-free meals. I added the shrimp to have some protein, but you can enjoy it by itself or as a side, cold or warm.
250 g green asparagus
150 g shrimp
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 shallot finely chopped
1/2 Lemon juice and zest
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the ends (About 3 cm). Slice the stalks into 5 cm (2 inch) long pieces.
- In a pan on medium heat, heat one 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Put in the garlic in the pan and sauté for 2 min.
- Add the asparagus and shallot, cook together for a few minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until the asparagus is tender but not too soft. (It shouldn’t take more than 10 min)
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon and lemon zest and mix well together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the asparagus and shrimp onto a plate, pour the dressing over it and sprinkle with Parmesan.