Few days ago I created a poll on Instagram where you could choose between two salads and that is the winner! Hope you enjoy making it and even more eating it!
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 chicken stock
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 cups of butter butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 handfuls of machȇ lettuce
1/4 cups beluga lentils
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 shallot diced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 480ºF (250ºC), line a baking sheet with baking paper and spread the butter nut squash on it. Sprinkle with olive oil. Put in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes or until it begins to soften.
- In the meantime, wash the lentils and cook in the double amount of water for 30 minutes.
- Chicken: ( I used leftover chicken from a recipe from servingdumplings.com): Cut chicken horizontally into slices. Season with salt and pepper and coat the pieces in flour. Heat 2 Tbsp of butter and olive oil in a large skillet, set over medium heat until the butter is melted. Cook the chicken until golden brown and set aside. To the same skillet add 1 spoon of butter and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, honey, and lemon juice. Add chicken stock and the remaining butter. Simmer until the sauce has reduced. Reduce the heat to low, season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken back to the skillet and add the parsley. Cook for 1 minute and turn over once or twice to coat all sides.
- Wash the lettuce and divide between two salad bowls.
- Dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a dressing mixer and shake well until combined.
- To the bowls with lettuce: first add the lentils and combine, butternut squash, chicken and pour age dressing over the salad.