This soup, is warming, immune boosting and delicious. It has all the goodness of fall and the immune boosting and anti inflammatory ingredients: ginger, turmeric and garlic.
2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut
4 carrots sliced
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp turmeric
1 small onion diced
3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 garlic cloves sliced
1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 480ºF (250ºC), line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the squash in a bowl and pour the maple syrup over it, mix well. Spread the butternut squash on it. Put in the oven, and roast for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Heat a large pot on medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and turmeric, cook and stir for 1-2 min until fragrant. Add the carrots and cook for another 2 min.
- Pour 2 cups of water over the vegetables and simmer for 20 min or until the carrots are soft.
- Once the carrots are cooked and the butternut squash is done add the butternut squash and 4 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste. In the meantime heat a small skillet, add the olive and the pumpkin seeds, roast for about 5 min.
- Take the pot down from the heat and using a hand blender or immersion blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve warm; garnished with pumpkin seeds.