In everything give thanks!
1 These 5:18
Pecan and Walnut Pie
185 g flour
50 g sugar
125 g cold butter cut into cubes
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp of cold water
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the butter and then, with your fingers, mix the butter and flour. Work the butter quickly into the flour making small crumbs; do not overwork the dough.
- Make a small hole in the flour and add the cold water, egg while gathering and kneading the dough just until it holds together.
- Knead the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and then allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
1 cup of pecans
1 cup of walnuts
6 egg yolks
1/2 cups goden syrup
100 g brown sugar
90 g butter (melted)
- Roll the dough out into a circle slightly larger than 24 cm and gently place it into the tarte pan then cut off the excess dough around the edges.
- Use a fork to mold the edge and prickle the bottom of the pastry. Put baking paper on top of the tart and fill with beans or rice (this prevents the crust from puffing up.
- Place it in the oven for 15 min, remove the weight and paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Roast the nuts in a pan for 5 min. To a bowl of a stand mixer add the egg yolks, golden syrup, brown sugar, and butter. Mix well until blended.
200 g pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
500 g flour
1 package instant yeast
50 g sugar
1Tbsp vanilla sugar
Pinch of salt
180 ml milk
50 butter (melted)
Egg wash: Combine 1 egg and 2 Tbs of water
- Into a stand mixer bowl add: flour, yeast, sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree.
- In a seperate bowl mix the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and knead the dough until smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. Form a ball, put the dough in a bowl and let it sit in a warm place for an hour.
- After the dough has doubled in size divide it into 12 little balls. Bind the rolls with the burlap cord (see picture)or cute them with a knife. Place them on a baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Let them rest another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash. Put the rolls in the oven and bake for 20 min or until golden brown.
- After the rolls have cooled down remove the cord. Decorate the top with the pumpkin seed.
- Serve with whipped cream.