Year after year I make this orange marmalade around Christmas time. I keep some for myself and I gift a few jars to friends and family. I love the taste of this marmalade. We eat it throughout the year on waffles, fresh croissants, crepes and I fill my Christmas cookies with it. It’s an easy recipe with just a few ingredients and the result is delicious.
2 cups of water
2-3 cups of sugar
Juice of one lemon
Sterilized jars for canning
- Wash the oranges. Peel the skin. Place the skin with water in a small casserole and cook for 10 min.
- In the meantime peel off the white skin of the oranges and first slice them then cut the slice in half, in quarts, and so on until you have small pieces.
- Once the skin is done cooking cut it into strips, and then dice it.
- In a large pot bring the sugar and water to a boil. Add the orange skin the orange pieces, and cook on medium for abut 2-3 hours until it thickens.
- Let it stand overnight and cook for another hour the next day.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for another 10 min.
- Fill your jars with the hot marmalade seal and put them in a dark cool place.