My mini Pizzas: as I was making them last night upon request of my 5 – year – old daughter who says my Pizza is better than the one from a Restaurant (which makes me so happy and is the biggest compliment) I thought that I have made the recipe so many times that I could make it in my sleep. I really really love these and so does my my family. If it’s not a fish Friday then Friday is Pizza night. The recipe is super easy and even if you aren’t an experienced cook I can guarantee it’s going to turn out delicious.
500 g wheat flour
300 ml water
8 Tbsp olive oil (+ extra for coating the dough)
40 g fresh yeast
200-300 g (2-3 packages) fresh mozzarella cut into slices
Toppings of your choice: pepperoni, red onion, prosciutto, mushrooms …
500 ml tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
- Pizza dough: Crumble the yeast in your hands and place it in a large bowl spread the two spoons of sugar over it and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the flour into the bowl with yeast add salt, oil and add slowly the water into the mixture.
- Combine all ingredients and knead the dough. Form a ball and rub it with olive oil.
- Place back into the large bowl cover with a kitchen towel and put it in a warm place to rise for about 1-2 hours.
- Sauce: Heat a small casserole add the olive oil, garlic and the herbs, and sauté the ingredients for 3 min or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomato sauce and cook for about 30 min on low heat. When the sauce is done salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 250ºC (485ºF). Prepare a baking sheet and sprinkle it with flour.
- Once the dough has risen divide it into equal portions and roll out your mini pizzas. Place them on the baking sheet. Top with one tablespoon of sauce, 2 -3 mozzarella slices, and the toppings of your choice. Put the pizzas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Repeat the steps until all your dough is gone.