100 g brown rice
1 shallot (or small onion)
1oz (25 g) ginger
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 tbsp curry paste (green or mild tikka masala paste)
9oz (150 g) broccoli florets
10oz (300g) red kuri squash (or butternut squash)
5 oz (150 g) chickpeas (canned)
1 1/4 cups (300 ml) coconut milk
1/2 cup (100 ml) water
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1 spoon coconut oil
salt and pepper
Garnish with: Avocado, a handful of cashews and 1 lime cut into quarters
- Cook the rice
- Wash the the vegetables, peel and cut the squash into small cubes. Separate the broccoli into small florets. Set the vegetables aside.
- Peal and dice the shallots, garlic and ginger. Heat the coconut oil in a pot (must be big enough to fit the vegetables).
- Once the oil has heated sauté the garlic , shallots and ginger for a few min. Add the broccoli, squash, chickpeas and curry paste and sauté for another few min.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Bring it to a boil then turn down the heat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer on medium heat for 15 min or until squash is tender.
- At the end add the lime juice and zest and stir. Serve over rice and garnish with avocado, lime and cashews.