And it’s Christmas again, this time is always busy and fun at the same time. A lot of events, getting together with family, friends and of course baking and cooking.
I made these cookies for an event that I was cooking and decorating for. Winter wonderland! Sprinkled with powdered sugar they just fit the theme perfectly. Warning they are addictive!Enjoy
(Makes about 70 cookies)
180 g soft butter
100 g powdered sugar
1 pinch of salt
3 egg yolks
330 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Put the soft butter, powdered sugar and pinch of salt in a bowl and blend it with a mixer until it becomes creamy.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the batter and blend it again until it forms a dough. Roll the dough into a log approximately 6cm in diameter, wrap it with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for approx. 30 min.
- Set oven to 175ºC (350º F). Take the dough out of the refrigerator, cut off a 6cm piece and place the rest back in the fridge. Roll out the small piece of dough on a flour covered slab until it is 3 – 4mm thick. Cut the cookies out to desired shapes, place them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet and bake them for 7-9 min or just until the edges turn brown. Take them out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Repeat this step until all the remaining dough is used.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- These cookies can be stored in a box for up to a few weeks.